Rum and the sea are inseparable, and no rum is more akin to the sea and the seaman than is British Navy Pussers Rum. For more than 300 years, sailors of Great Britain Royal Navy were issued a daily ration of rum by the Purser (corrupted to 'Pusser' by the Jack Tars). From 1655 until the traditions termination on August 1st 1970, 'Pusser's Rum' was one of the few daily comforts afforded those early seamen of Britain's Navy as they fought across the globe to keep the Empire intact and its sea lanes open. British Navy Pusser's Rum is the same blend of six West Indian rums as discovered during the Navy's expeditions and served on board Their Majesty's ships for three centuries.
Today, it is still blended in accordance with the Admiralty exacting specifications of 1810. Pusser Rum was never sold or offered to the public, and if a rum connoisseur managed to acquire a tot or two, he saved it for a very special occasion. British Navy Pusser Rum is expertly blended from some of the world's finest Caribbean rums. Amongst x-seamen, the consensus is that Pusser's is about as close to the authentic British Royal Navy Rum as one can obtain. Spirit connoisseurs claim Pusser's to be more like a fine brandy than a rum, with a full, rich flavour and a rare smoothness - a true sailor's delight! This is essentially a sipping rum, however its unmistakably full, rich flavour will shine through anything you care to mix it with.
DrinkSupermarket.com are Preferred Online Suppliers for
"Pussers Blue label Dark Navy Rum"
Click HERE for more information
Click HERE to see the full list
- UK mainland delivery:
- Free delivery on orders over £250,
- £4.95 on a 3-5 Working Day service
- Next Working Day from £6.95 - place your order before 2pm.
- Local Delivery and Morning Delivery Services available.
- All orders are securely packed in recyclable material and delivered using a tracked service.
- Use the Shipping Estimator in the shopping cart for an accurate shipping quote based on your delivery address.
- European and International delivery available.
- All prices include VAT, except for order being delivered to non-EU countries, where we don’t charge you tax. You may need to pay a customs charge upon import.
- For more information, please read our Delivery Information.
- UK mainland delivery:
Write Your Own Review