- Sign up now and get 5% OFF
- Get exclusive offers first
Tanqueray London Dry Gin 70cl
See product reviews
Tanqueray London Dry Gin, originally known as 'Export Strength' uses only four botanicals, Juniper, coriander, angelica and liquorish. It is a special dry gin that has a clear, pungent aroma of citrus and Juniper. Incredibly flavoursome with tart cut and snappy, spicy taste.
Further product information
- UK Mainland Delivery Options *
- Standard 3-5 Working Days - Bottles from £4.95
- Standard 3-5 Working Days - Cases from £5.95
- Express 2-3 Working Days from £6.95
- Next Working Day from £7.95 - Order by 2pm Mon-Fri**
- Saturday / Sunday from £9.95 - Order by 2pm Fri**
- Free Standard Delivery - Orders over £99
- * Our delivery costs vary based on weight and destination. Please read our Delivery Information for further details.
- ** Excludes public and bank holidays
Make It A Gift!
Make your gift special by adding a personalised message to one of our gift tags and select a gift box for extra jazz. For some products, we even offer personalised laser engraving to make your gift extra special.
Click Gift Options:
Click Gift Options:
Gin became popular in the late 17th and early 18th centuries, following the increase in duty on French wine and brandy imposed by William III. Until about the beginning of the present century most gin made in England was sweetened, but sweetened gin then became almost entirely displaced in popular favour by dry gin. One of the finest examples of this style is Tanqueray. Charles Tanqueray established his distillery in Finsbury, North London where fresh water was then accessible. The year was 1830. Tanqueray was obsessed with producing a premium product, and after some research and success, he gained substantial recognition for his gin. After merging with Gordons in 1898, the U.S. market opened up and Tanqueray was enjoyed by such personalities as Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra and President Kennedy. The distinctive bottle shape has aided its ongoing market success - its design based on 19th century London fire hydrants. In the production of Tanqueray, grain spirit at 96% alc/vol is rectified in pot stills with botanical flavourings. Spirit and botanicals are then boiled, with aromas and flavours infusing in spirit vapours then condensing to form gin. Tanqueray use aged botanicals, maturing wild Tuscan juniper berries for two years before use. Coriander, angelica root, cassia bark, cinnamon, liquorice, lemon and orange peel also determine Tanqueray's quintessentially English style.
|Country Of Origin||United Kingdom|
More from Tanqueray
- Tanqueray No. Ten 10 Gin 70cl£29.99 £24.99
- Tanqueray No. Ten 10 Gin 1Ltr£47.99 £39.99
- Tanqueray Flor de Sevilla Gin 70cl£28.99 £24.16
- Tanqueray Rangpur Gin 70cl£29.99 £24.99
- 20% Off!20% Off!Tanqueray Blackcurrant Royale Gin 70clSpecial Price £23.19 £19.32 Regular Price £28.99
- Tanqueray 0.0 Alcohol Free 70cl£15.99 £13.32