Norman 'Sailor Jerry' Collins (1911-1973) was born in in the city of Ukiah, California. After a turbulent childhood, he fled to Chicago where he met the legendary tattoo artist Tatts Thomas, who taught him the trade, encouraging him to practise on corpses in the local morgue. Collins then spent some time in the navy and travelled to Asia, which inspired him to incorporate the motifs of naval and Asian culture in his work. After an honourable discharge, he opened up shop in Hawaii, where he made a name for himself tattooing passing sailors.
Sailor Jerry rum was created in Philadelphia to keep the legacy of the great man and great sailor alive. His unique designs feature heavily on the bottles on sale today.
- Additional Information
- Please carefully read our Christmas and New Year's delivery options
- UK mainland delivery:
- Free delivery on orders over £250,
- £4.95 on a 3-5 Working Day service
- Next Working Day from £6.95 - place your order before 2pm.
- Local Delivery and Morning Delivery Services available.
- All orders are securely packed in recyclable material and delivered using a tracked service.
- Shipping Estimator in your shopping cart provides you with an accurate shipping quote, based on your delivery address.
- European and International delivery available.
- All prices include VAT, except for order being delivered to non-EU countries, where we don’t charge you tax. You may need to pay a customs charge upon import.
- For more information, please read our Delivery Information.