What do you get when you marry the most prestigious metal with the most famous drink? Luxor Golden Champagne, containing real 24 carat edible gold flakes inside, and the man behind the most prestigious drink ever created is Jean-Christophe Rousseau.
Luxor was created in 2005 as a gift from Jean-Christophe to thank his trustworthy clients that he worked with, but when people started hearing about champagne containing real gold, everyone wanted to taste the famous gold Champagne. Developed in France, in a very limited series, this exclusive drink is presented in the most prestigious hotels and the world‘s top restaurants.
The champagne used for making Luxor is of the highest quality. The drink flows only by gravity, without pumping to obtain a wine that is totally natural and the most balanced as possible. After ageing on laths for 2 – 3 years, the base wine receives liquor that contains fine particles of pure 24 carat gold, producing Luxor.
It is down to the great vineyards of Pinot Noir that are at the heat of this elegant wine assemblage. Chardonnay is added for elegance and freshness while Pinot Meunier ensures a smooth finish. Absolutely unique, its golden colour, tinged with copper glints and glitters that enhance fine and delicate aromas of red fruits and blush peach. Fresh and full bodied, Luxor Brut has a taste with hints of dry and ripe fruit, supplemented by a hint of spice, obtained during ageing in oak barrels. Taste buds will be tantalised by the ballet of golden specks, as well as the fine bubbles and lightness of this unusual wine, making each tasting a golden experience.
To preserve Luxor, the bottle should be kept horizontally in a place away from light draughts, noise and vibrations, this will keep its quality for several months, even several years, the temperature must be kept low and constant, at around 10°C. When serving, it is enough to delicately turn the bottle once before opening, so that the gold specks disperse.
Having developed a revolutionary process, Jean-Christophe offers an exclusive opportunity for everyone to have their names engraved or the insignia of their choice on the bottles. The engravings are made with a thin 24 carat golden leaf, making each bottle a personalised piece of craftwork. Hundreds of celebrities have taken Jean-Christophe up on his offer to have an engraving on the bottle, celebrities like; Rhianna, Ronaldo, Lady Gaga, Will.i.am, Tony Parker, Adebayor, Fernando Alonso, P.diddy, George Michael, Christian Audigier and many more.
- Additional Information
Size 75cl Champagne Style BRUT Strength 12% ABV Presentation GLASS BOTTLE Country FRANCE
- Please carefully read our Christmas and New Year's delivery options
- UK mainland delivery:
- Free delivery on orders over £250,
- £4.95 on a 3-5 Working Day service
- Next Working Day from £6.95 - place your order before 2pm.
- Local Delivery and Morning Delivery Services available.
- All orders are securely packed in recyclable material and delivered using a tracked service.
- Shipping Estimator in your shopping cart provides you with an accurate shipping quote, based on your delivery address.
- European and International delivery available.
- All prices include VAT, except for order being delivered to non-EU countries, where we don’t charge you tax. You may need to pay a customs charge upon import.
- For more information, please read our Delivery Information.