All 56 botanicals used in Jagermeister are natural. From across the globe sacks full of rare and exotic herbs, spices, woods, fruits, blossoms, seeds and roots arrive in Wolfenbuttel, the home of Jagermeister in Germany. To this day Jagermeister still use the same ingredients and formula created by Curt Mast. The most noticeable herbs are Orange peel, star anise, ginger root and Cardamom.
The essential oils from the botanicals are then gently extracted through a cold maceration process with alcohol water mixtures ensuring that all components are perfectly dissolved. Following the maceration process the essential oils are then given another quality assurance test before being stored in oak barrels for one year. While fermenting in the oak barrels, the mixture is cared for by the ‘Meisters’ the trained production specialists, they taste and analyse the mix until it is judged to be perfection.
Following the maturation of a year in oak barrels, the extract is then filtered again to create a clear liquid. The final step involves the mixtures to be blended with water, pure alcohol, balanced with liquid sugar and caramel then filtered a final time.
These ingredients create a spirit with a smooth, rich flavour with a distinctive bitter sweet finish. Also used as a digestive to be consumed after a meal and popular in many bars and nightclubs. It became famous as a mixer, especially with Red Bull to created the Jager-bomb.
- Additional Information
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Perfect size to fit in your pocket ;)
- Please carefully read our Christmas and New Year's delivery options
- UK mainland delivery:
- Free delivery on orders over £250,
- £4.95 on a 3-5 Working Day service
- Next Working Day from £6.95 - place your order before 2pm.
- Local Delivery and Morning Delivery Services available.
- All orders are securely packed in recyclable material and delivered using a tracked service.
- Shipping Estimator in your shopping cart provides you with an accurate shipping quote, based on your delivery address.
- European and International delivery available.
- All prices include VAT, except for order being delivered to non-EU countries, where we don’t charge you tax. You may need to pay a customs charge upon import.
- For more information, please read our Delivery Information.