Benromach Distillery was founded in 1898 by Duncan McCallum and F.W. Brickman.
Situated near Forres in Morayshire, the distillery uses the natural spring water from the Chapelton Springs running in the Romach Hills beside Forres. Although the distillery was founded in 1898, the depression in the Scotch Whisky industry meant they didn not begin production until 1900, which was shortlived when the distillery closed in the same year due to money shortages.
n 1911 Benromach was acquired by the London based Harvey McNair & Co who continued distilling until the onset of the First World War. After the war Benromach was acquired by Benromach Distillery Ltd and was run by this new private company until 1925. In 1938 Benromach was acquired by Associated Scottish Distilleries Ltd which later became a part of Scottish Malt Distillers Ltd. Between 1966 and 1974 the distillery was modernised and continued to run until 1983 when the distillery was officially closed.
In 1993 Gordon and MacPhail took over the site and in 1997 they started to restore the distillery to a working order. The design of the distillery was changed slightly to allow it to be operated by one man. Finally in 1998 the distillery was officially reopened by Charles, Prince of Wales and bottling of the new malt started in 2004.
Today, they are producers of hand crafted Speyside Single Malt Whiskies.
Out of stock
Out of stock