Absolut vodka was established in 1879 by Lars Olsson Smith and is produced in Ahus Sweden but owned by the Pernod-Ricard Group who bough Absolut in 2008 for 5.63billion Euros. Absolut vodka goes through a unique distillation process known as fractional distillation which produces Vodka without fusel alcohol, which can cause off flavours to vodka and is sometimes described as being 'spicy' or 'hot', not what you want from a smooth vodka.
The name changed several time in the past until 1979 when they decide to launch there product as premium vodka and used the name Absolut Vodka. It was in this time that it got launched as a global product and has grown from making 90,000litres to 96.6 million litres in a single year. It is the largest international spirit and is available in 126 countries.The vodka itself is made from winter wheat using approximately 80,000 metric tons of wheat annually.
Absolut Vanilia is made exclusively from natural ingredients, and unlike most other flavoured vodkas, it doesn't contain any added sugar. Absolut Vanilia is rich, robust and complex. It has a distinct character of vanilla, notes of butterscotch and hints of dark chocolate. The main ingredients in Absolut Vanilia are Absolut Vodka and vanilla flavour. Absolut Vodka is made from water and winter wheat. The water comes from a deep well in Ahus where it's protected from impurities. The winter wheat is also grown in Ahus and differs from other crops: it's sown in fall, and harvested the next one. Days in between it grows under the Swedish snow developing its hard grain. Also, the use of fertilizers is minimized. Of course, the vanilla is as natural as the rest of the ingredients.
- UK mainland delivery:
- Free delivery on orders over £250,
- £4.95 on a 3-5 Working Day service
- Next Working Day from £6.95 - place your order before 2pm.
- Local Delivery and Morning Delivery Services available.
- All orders are securely packed in recyclable material and delivered using a tracked service.
- Use the Shipping Estimator in the shopping cart for an accurate shipping quote based on your delivery address.
- European and International delivery available.
- All prices include VAT, except for order being delivered to non-EU countries, where we don’t charge you tax. You may need to pay a customs charge upon import.
- For more information, please read our Delivery Information.
- UK mainland delivery:
Write Your Own Review